Sep 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti said Sunday that he wanted to rename a street near Dodger Stadium after Vin Scully, but the legendary announcer issued a statement via the team saying he’s not interested in the honor:
The mayor of Los Angeles has a great deal more important things to do than name a street after me. And if he is considering the idea, better the street should be named after Walter or Peter O’Malley than myself.
All of which just makes me love Scully even more.
(Seriously though, would it be super crazy of me to suggest that the Dodgers rename the whole ballpark after Scully at some point?)
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 15
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 69
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)