Sep 24, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
From the blotter, a guy who was apparently a big deal in the Dominican Prospect League, but now is doing time in cell block PED.
Eh, that’s kinda lame. I’m trying to go for a Joe Friday thing here, with these guys being the equivalent of Blue Boy. It may take me some time to get the tone right, though:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that San Francisco Giants Minor League third baseman Nathanael Javier has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Javier, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Giants, will be effective at the start of the 2014 DSL season.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)