Sep 24, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
From the blotter, a guy who was apparently a big deal in the Dominican Prospect League, but now is doing time in cell block PED.
Eh, that’s kinda lame. I’m trying to go for a Joe Friday thing here, with these guys being the equivalent of Blue Boy. It may take me some time to get the tone right, though:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that San Francisco Giants Minor League third baseman Nathanael Javier has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Javier, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Giants, will be effective at the start of the 2014 DSL season.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)