Sep 24, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
From the blotter, a guy who was apparently a big deal in the Dominican Prospect League, but now is doing time in cell block PED.
Eh, that’s kinda lame. I’m trying to go for a Joe Friday thing here, with these guys being the equivalent of Blue Boy. It may take me some time to get the tone right, though:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that San Francisco Giants Minor League third baseman Nathanael Javier has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Javier, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Giants, will be effective at the start of the 2014 DSL season.
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 1
- Cubs sign reliever Jose Veras to one-year pact 1
- Report: MLB recorded record revenues in 2013 32
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts 70
- Diamondbacks trade for White Sox closer Addison Reed 28
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)