Sep 24, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Employee of the century Joseph Neubauer got fired from the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission because he took off work without permission to see a Yankees game last season. But that’s just what you have to do when you have a monkey on your back:
Joseph Neubauer was fired from his position because he didn’t want to mess up an attendance streak at Yankee Stadium. Neubauer has been rooting for the Bronx Bombers since he was 10-years-old and hasn’t missed a home game since the 1970s, CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider reported.
In addition to the September 2012 game that led to this firing he has been previously suspended without pay for taking unauthorized days off. He’s now appealing his termination and says he wants his job back. Yeah, I think that’d be a “no” if I were on that appeal board. And that was before I read that he was once disciplined for the unauthorized accessing of people’s DMV records.
Still, it’s not like he doesn’t have some admirable traits. I mean, given that he went to 81 games a year during the Andy Hawkins era, the guy is willing to put in the time when he’s properly motivated.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11