Sep 24, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Employee of the century Joseph Neubauer got fired from the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission because he took off work without permission to see a Yankees game last season. But that’s just what you have to do when you have a monkey on your back:
Joseph Neubauer was fired from his position because he didn’t want to mess up an attendance streak at Yankee Stadium. Neubauer has been rooting for the Bronx Bombers since he was 10-years-old and hasn’t missed a home game since the 1970s, CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider reported.
In addition to the September 2012 game that led to this firing he has been previously suspended without pay for taking unauthorized days off. He’s now appealing his termination and says he wants his job back. Yeah, I think that’d be a “no” if I were on that appeal board. And that was before I read that he was once disciplined for the unauthorized accessing of people’s DMV records.
Still, it’s not like he doesn’t have some admirable traits. I mean, given that he went to 81 games a year during the Andy Hawkins era, the guy is willing to put in the time when he’s properly motivated.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)