Sep 24, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Employee of the century Joseph Neubauer got fired from the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission because he took off work without permission to see a Yankees game last season. But that’s just what you have to do when you have a monkey on your back:
Joseph Neubauer was fired from his position because he didn’t want to mess up an attendance streak at Yankee Stadium. Neubauer has been rooting for the Bronx Bombers since he was 10-years-old and hasn’t missed a home game since the 1970s, CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider reported.
In addition to the September 2012 game that led to this firing he has been previously suspended without pay for taking unauthorized days off. He’s now appealing his termination and says he wants his job back. Yeah, I think that’d be a “no” if I were on that appeal board. And that was before I read that he was once disciplined for the unauthorized accessing of people’s DMV records.
Still, it’s not like he doesn’t have some admirable traits. I mean, given that he went to 81 games a year during the Andy Hawkins era, the guy is willing to put in the time when he’s properly motivated.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)