Sep 24, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Cardinals first baseman Allen Craig has been out since September 4 with a sprained left foot and he’s scheduled to have X-rays taken Thursday, with Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch writing “that really isn’t good news in terms of Craig being able to play this last regular-season week or even early in the playoffs.”
Being without Craig in the postseason would be a big loss for the Cardinals, as he hit .315 with an .830 OPS in 134 games before the injury, including some incredible numbers with runners in scoring position, but they do have a very capable fill-in at first base in rookie Matt Adams.
Adams has hit .282 with a Craig-like .833 OPS overall this season, including .329 with seven homers and a 1.000 OPS in 19 games since being pressed into extended duty following Craig’s injury.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)