Sep 24, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
We don’t have a diagnosis on Manny Machado yet — he had his MRI today and official word is supposed to come soon — but at the moment his manager is waxing optimistic. From Roch Kubatko, quoting Buck Showalter:
“I feel very confident that Manny will be playing for us early next season … We should have a pretty good idea what we’re dealing with post-BP, so I’m not going to sit here and speculate on that part of it until all parties kind of weigh in,” Showalter said. “So far, so good.”
Later Kubatko tweeted thusly:
For those asking how Showalter can be optimistic w/o Wilckens reading MRI, the radiologist read it and passed along whatever diagnosis.
— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) September 24, 2013
Um. Wasn’t sure they were allowed to do that, but whatever.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)