Sep 24, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
We don’t have a diagnosis on Manny Machado yet — he had his MRI today and official word is supposed to come soon — but at the moment his manager is waxing optimistic. From Roch Kubatko, quoting Buck Showalter:
“I feel very confident that Manny will be playing for us early next season … We should have a pretty good idea what we’re dealing with post-BP, so I’m not going to sit here and speculate on that part of it until all parties kind of weigh in,” Showalter said. “So far, so good.”
Later Kubatko tweeted thusly:
For those asking how Showalter can be optimistic w/o Wilckens reading MRI, the radiologist read it and passed along whatever diagnosis.
— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) September 24, 2013
Um. Wasn’t sure they were allowed to do that, but whatever.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105