Sep 24, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune reported last month that Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik signed a contract extension last year that would keep him in his current gig through 2014. M’s president Chuck Armstrong refused to comment on that story for weeks, but that changed Tuesday.
“Yes, Jack will be back,” Armstrong told Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times before the Mariners’ game against the Royals on Tuesday night at Safeco Field. Armstrong declined to go into any further details about Jack Z’s status, citing “club policy.”
The Mariners have gone 356-449 in Zduriencik’s tenure. That’s a wretched .442 winning percentage.
“You always operate on the basis that you’re going to keep doing the job,” Zduriencik said in a short interview after Armstrong’s confirmation. “That’s what I’ve been doing. It’s been business as usual.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)