Sep 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Signed to a three-year, $12 million deal as a free agent this offseason, Keppinger got off to a brutal start by sporting a sub-.200 batting average as late as May 20. He turned things around somewhat since then, but finishes hitting .253 with a ghastly .283 on-base percentage that includes just 20 walks in 451 trips to the plate.
And his .600 OPS is 206 points below last year’s mark and 133 points under his career total coming into 2013. Keppinger is owed $4 million next season and $4.5 million in 2015.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)