Sep 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Signed to a three-year, $12 million deal as a free agent this offseason, Keppinger got off to a brutal start by sporting a sub-.200 batting average as late as May 20. He turned things around somewhat since then, but finishes hitting .253 with a ghastly .283 on-base percentage that includes just 20 walks in 451 trips to the plate.
And his .600 OPS is 206 points below last year’s mark and 133 points under his career total coming into 2013. Keppinger is owed $4 million next season and $4.5 million in 2015.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)