Sep 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Signed to a three-year, $12 million deal as a free agent this offseason, Keppinger got off to a brutal start by sporting a sub-.200 batting average as late as May 20. He turned things around somewhat since then, but finishes hitting .253 with a ghastly .283 on-base percentage that includes just 20 walks in 451 trips to the plate.
And his .600 OPS is 206 points below last year’s mark and 133 points under his career total coming into 2013. Keppinger is owed $4 million next season and $4.5 million in 2015.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)