Sep 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
I guess “plight” is strong, but it’s a pretty crappy place to be for a well-paid baseball executive like Marlins president Larry Beinfest. His boss is toying with his job security, leaving the press to openly speculate as to whether he’s going to be fired. And he can’t even do his job because that same boss is usurping his authority.
Throughout all of this, Beinfest has remained silent. But he’s silent no more. He spoke with 104.3 The Ticket in Miami and talked about his current state of limbo. The entire interview can be heard here. The highlights:
- He confirmed that Loria is involved with baseball decisions but that he knew that would be the case when he was hired;
- While he wanted to keep the Loria drama internal, reading reports about it all have gotten to him lately and rumors about losing his job are getting to him and affecting his family; and
- While he may be out the door, he feels he’s done a good job this season setting up the Marlins for the future.
Which Jeff Loria will take all the credit for, of course.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 63
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)