Sep 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
I guess “plight” is strong, but it’s a pretty crappy place to be for a well-paid baseball executive like Marlins president Larry Beinfest. His boss is toying with his job security, leaving the press to openly speculate as to whether he’s going to be fired. And he can’t even do his job because that same boss is usurping his authority.
Throughout all of this, Beinfest has remained silent. But he’s silent no more. He spoke with 104.3 The Ticket in Miami and talked about his current state of limbo. The entire interview can be heard here. The highlights:
- He confirmed that Loria is involved with baseball decisions but that he knew that would be the case when he was hired;
- While he wanted to keep the Loria drama internal, reading reports about it all have gotten to him lately and rumors about losing his job are getting to him and affecting his family; and
- While he may be out the door, he feels he’s done a good job this season setting up the Marlins for the future.
Which Jeff Loria will take all the credit for, of course.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)