Sep 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
No fan knows that I’ve been dealing with an injury since the Texas Rangers game [on June 30]. And I’ve been pitching with it. So I’ve been pitching the way I’ve been pitching, but I’ve been pitching hurt.
And that “pitching the way I’ve been pitching” has been pretty damn good. Since that June 30 start he’s thrown 94 innings with a 3.46 ERA and 71/26 K/BB ratio, although Latos has had a couple rough outings lately.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)