Of course you want to see the Atlanta Braves’ version of “Blurred Lines”

Sep 24, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT

Which includes Javy Lopez for some reason. But it still works, I think. Probably because, apart from Lopez, no actual baseball players come anywhere close to the mic or the camera:

I mean, sure you might cringe here or there, but we’ve come a long way in baseball team-related music videos, people:

UPDATE: Comment of the Day — maybe Comment of the Year — from reader woodenulykteneau:

Can’t possibly think of why the Braves would choose a song that’s big all summer, but will fall off the charts by middle of October…

It’s funny — and painful — because it’s true.

1. josemartez - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Good God the 80s were awful.

• hasbeen5 - Sep 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I can’t tell you how glad I am I was only 2 in 1986. Very limited memories of the awful sights and sounds that came from that era. Unfortunately the bars in college loved having 80s nights.

• moogro - Sep 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

What made it more painful at the time was the song they used. That’s not the 80’s, that’s the 50’s. This is the same Tin Pan Alley faux-Americana piano boogie jam, that for some reason we may never know, got used for about 40 years whenever they cobbled together celebrities for a song/dance/lipsync number. It is a music no one ever privately listened to or liked, but was used as stock music for the occasion, kind of like most church music. Luckily, it seems around the 90’s sometime, people starting choosing music that they actually listened to and liked for these kinds of things, and the monopoly was broken.

2. mavajo - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I came ready to cringe, but it actually wasn’t awful.

Well, except for “Looks like we’ve got the runs.” Not the best lyrical arrangement right there, unless this is about a food poisoning problem at Chops Lobster Bar – #fearthechop.

3. woodenulykteneau - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM

• Craig Calcaterra - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Comment of the Day.

• dspears06 - Sep 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

comment of the freaking year

4. mdpickles - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Oh man, Larry Jones would have been perfect for this!

5. commonsenseisnotcmonman - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Too bad they didn’t have a video for the 1993 “Woot There It Is” Phillies version. At least I’m not aware of one….

6. bravojawja - Sep 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I don’t know what Javy was doing there, either, but my dear departed grandmother thanks whoever had the idea.

7. lightcleric - Sep 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Unfortunately I can’t find the Phillies video from earlier this year. I think it was called “I Give Up” – dedicated to Charlie Manuel. The whole team was involved, too…

8. butchhuskey - Sep 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

For some reason I thought the singer was Freddie Freeman. Also, it’s hilarious how Javy has no idea what to do in front of the camera.

9. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Sep 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Wait, I don’t remember any guys in suits in the original Blurred Lines video. I must have missed them somehow.

10. planck16 - Sep 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I thought this song was about Freeman, McCann, and Uggla’s vision before Lasik

11. tfbuckfutter - Sep 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I don’t want to nit pick but….

Those girls are wearing way too much clothing.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. M. Cuddyer (3183)