Some Dodgers may have peed in the Chase Field pool during their celebration

Sep 24, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT

pool sign

Well, this certainly puts a new spin on the Dodgers-Dbacks rivalry, Swimming Pool-Gate and all of that. Anthony Jackson reports that maybe it was more than just fun and games going on at Chase Field on Thursday night:

. . . it has come to my attention that one of the Dodgers players who jumped in the pool — and I will do him the favor of leaving his name out of this for now — openly and loudly bragged after leaving the pool about having urinated in it … There also are indications that MULTIPLE Dodgers players urinated into the pool, but I can’t tell you that with any certainty. It’s just what I’ve heard.

This information has changed Jackson’s view of the little celebration from one in which it was fun and harmless to one in which it was sick and classless.

I can see that. I mean, I’m not all that interested in diving deep into the matter of whether or not someone peed in the pool, who it was, whether they are remorseful about it and all of the kind of handwringing that comes up about any weird, off-the-field matter of morals, ethics and taste, but I can see that.

For what it’s worth, I can muster some sharp thoughts about these matters for DUIs and PEDs and all manner of other things — I probably have a greater tolerance for it than most people — but I can’t go there for peeing in pools. I just can’t. At least not until we have a teary confession and an official statement from someone. Or maybe just some silly statements. If this spins silly, sure, I’ll be all over it, but I cant put on my serious/judgmental face for pee in a pool.

In other words: we’re gonna let this story mellow for a bit.

1. jerseygirl57 - Sep 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Have you seen the video of this? These guys were all fully dressed in uniform pants or sweatpants. Not swimsuits, not their boxers or briefs, but uniform pants! I really doubt anyone was relieving himself through his pants.

• ilovegspot - Sep 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

absolutely! You would have to be retarded to believe this story.

• fpstratton - Sep 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Even by today’s standards, this story is just too stupid to be believed.

• grandcanyon92 - Sep 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Hey jerseygirl, do you honestly think that the players do not use the bathroom during the game? I used ato work at Chase Field and I can tell you that there is a bathroom downstaris behind the dugout. The players do not need to get undressed to pee. The same way any man can pee while in uniform or wearing sweatpants, that is they way they could have peed in the pool. I don’t know if this story is true or not but your statement is way off.

• ilovegspot - Sep 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

down syndrome’s are laughing at you grandcanyon92

• grandcanyon92 - Sep 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Retarded? Down syndome? The sad thing is that you and at least four other people think that is what passes for humor.

• ilovegspot - Sep 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM

humor is anyone that buys into this dumb story

2. savoirlaire - Sep 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

South Park foretells everything!

3. eaststandsal - Sep 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I really hope this isn’t. that would classless and low even for the Dodgers! !

• ilovegspot - Sep 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM

don’t be a sucker. bogus blog to gain attention. no names??? really??
      complete bullshit

4. hoosagolfer1 - Sep 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Anthony Jackson ..the dork that reportedly knows which peter peed is looking for a story…i say..piss on him, since he gave no names…a fact is not a fact unless you give quotes….and alleged names…come on Anthony Jackson ..give us a fact!!!..or piss on you…

5. Michael Ryerson - Sep 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If they did (and I have serious doubts) they wouldn’t be the first. It’s a swimming pool, fer cryin out loud! What do they think happens in that pool every night it’s open to the public.

6. ilovegspot - Sep 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM

amazing. there actually are people dumb enough to fall for this non story.

• sabatimus - Sep 25, 2013 at 6:09 AM

This story, along with the comments (except yours), is making me laugh. I’ll believe it if I want to. People believe far worse things.

7. argusmanargus - Sep 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I knew the Dodger players were cool, but this takes it to a whole other level.

8. Anoesis - Sep 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Somebody’s poisoned the water hole!

9. sabatimus - Sep 25, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Welcome to our ool. You’ll notice there’s no “p” in it. Let’s keep it that way.

10. bbk1000 - Sep 25, 2013 at 6:29 AM

It’s all fun and games until somebody drops a deuce…..

Yanks, Cards and Reds hit with injury bug