Sep 25, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday evening that Jhonny Peralta is going to be activated from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension this Friday — the first day that he is eligible to return. Danny Worth will be placed on the 60-day disabled list to open up a 40-man roster spot.
Jose Iglesias is nearly recovered from his bruised left hand and is likely to serve as Detroit’s primary shortstop in October. Peralta has been working in left field in instructional league games down in Florida and could get regular looks there this postseason.
Peralta, a client of Anthony Bosch and Biogenesis, was hitting .305/.361/.461 with 11 home runs and 54 RBI in 104 games before accepting MLB’s punishment without an appeal. He will be a free agent this winter.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)