Sep 25, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday evening that Jhonny Peralta is going to be activated from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension this Friday — the first day that he is eligible to return. Danny Worth will be placed on the 60-day disabled list to open up a 40-man roster spot.
Jose Iglesias is nearly recovered from his bruised left hand and is likely to serve as Detroit’s primary shortstop in October. Peralta has been working in left field in instructional league games down in Florida and could get regular looks there this postseason.
Peralta, a client of Anthony Bosch and Biogenesis, was hitting .305/.361/.461 with 11 home runs and 54 RBI in 104 games before accepting MLB’s punishment without an appeal. He will be a free agent this winter.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)