Sep 25, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday evening that Jhonny Peralta is going to be activated from his 50-game performance-enhancing drug suspension this Friday — the first day that he is eligible to return. Danny Worth will be placed on the 60-day disabled list to open up a 40-man roster spot.
Jose Iglesias is nearly recovered from his bruised left hand and is likely to serve as Detroit’s primary shortstop in October. Peralta has been working in left field in instructional league games down in Florida and could get regular looks there this postseason.
Peralta, a client of Anthony Bosch and Biogenesis, was hitting .305/.361/.461 with 11 home runs and 54 RBI in 104 games before accepting MLB’s punishment without an appeal. He will be a free agent this winter.
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 23
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 25
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 97
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 79
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 14
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 10
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (186)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (97)