Sep 25, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Not many retiring ballplayers get special recognition by Major League Baseball. I didn’t see Carlos Lee and Scott Proctor getting this treatment. But Mariano Rivera is a special case. Here’s the ad which will run in Thursday’s USA Today, New York Daily News, New York Post andMetro NY:
OK, maybe Miguel Cairo got this treatment. I seem to remember something like that for Miguel Cairo. I’m too busy to check, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)