Sep 25, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
Rivera’s final goodbye ceremony will come in Houston, where the Yankees will play their last game of the regular season against the Astros. And that’s where things probably get a little awkward, at least for some people. For scheduled to take part in the pregame ceremony is none other than Roger Clemens, now a special front-office assistant for the Astros who was a teammate of Rivera’s in New York for five-plus seasons.
Not sure why that’s awkward given that Alex Rodriguez has been playing third base to Rivera’s right for several years and given that Andy Pettitte had his own Yankee Stadium farewell in front of Rivera just last weekend.
But as we have learned over the past few years, not all PED users are the created equally.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)