Sep 25, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
I just read that Travis Hafner was activated by the Yankees and I legitimately thought “wait, Travis Hafner still plays?” The stuff where he did moderately well for the Yankees for the first part of the season seemed like two years ago and I swore I remember an interview with him from this summer in which he talked about how he’s all about fishing and stuff now.
But he’s back. After missing action since July with a bum rotator cuff. For the year he’s at .205/.300/.384, which probably means you shouldn’t blink while he plays out the string in New York, because this is probably the last we’ll see of him.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)