Sep 25, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
I just read that Travis Hafner was activated by the Yankees and I legitimately thought “wait, Travis Hafner still plays?” The stuff where he did moderately well for the Yankees for the first part of the season seemed like two years ago and I swore I remember an interview with him from this summer in which he talked about how he’s all about fishing and stuff now.
But he’s back. After missing action since July with a bum rotator cuff. For the year he’s at .205/.300/.384, which probably means you shouldn’t blink while he plays out the string in New York, because this is probably the last we’ll see of him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)