Sep 25, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Ex-Royal Willie Wilson ran into a rough patch after his playing career ended. He had to file for bankruptcy in 2001 and part of that involved selling his 1985 World Series ring.
Now he has another 1985 World Series ring: The Royals gave Wilson’s business partner permission to have an exact duplicate of the ring made. She led a fundraising effort to get $9,000 to have the work done by Balfour Jewelry, the company which made the original 1985 World Series ring. It was presented to Wilson while he was promoting his autobiography at the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City on Tuesday.
A nice gesture for a guy who has had a lot of ups and downs in his life and career but who has always bounced back.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 47
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)