Sep 25, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Ex-Royal Willie Wilson ran into a rough patch after his playing career ended. He had to file for bankruptcy in 2001 and part of that involved selling his 1985 World Series ring.
Now he has another 1985 World Series ring: The Royals gave Wilson’s business partner permission to have an exact duplicate of the ring made. She led a fundraising effort to get $9,000 to have the work done by Balfour Jewelry, the company which made the original 1985 World Series ring. It was presented to Wilson while he was promoting his autobiography at the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City on Tuesday.
A nice gesture for a guy who has had a lot of ups and downs in his life and career but who has always bounced back.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)