Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Brandon Beachy, who was shut down two weeks ago after coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, underwent another elbow surgery today.
However, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com it was an arthroscopic surgery that “cleaned some debris” and Beachy is expected to be ready for spring training.
Beachy was leading the National League in ERA last season when was he shut down in June. He had surgery on June 21 and then rejoined the Braves’ rotation 13 months later, making five starts with a 4.50 ERA and 23/4 K/BB ratio in 30 innings before being shut down again.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)