Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy, who was shut down two weeks ago after coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, underwent another elbow surgery today.
However, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com it was an arthroscopic surgery that “cleaned some debris” and Beachy is expected to be ready for spring training.
Beachy was leading the National League in ERA last season when was he shut down in June. He had surgery on June 21 and then rejoined the Braves’ rotation 13 months later, making five starts with a 4.50 ERA and 23/4 K/BB ratio in 30 innings before being shut down again.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)