Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Brandon Beachy, who was shut down two weeks ago after coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, underwent another elbow surgery today.
However, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com it was an arthroscopic surgery that “cleaned some debris” and Beachy is expected to be ready for spring training.
Beachy was leading the National League in ERA last season when was he shut down in June. He had surgery on June 21 and then rejoined the Braves’ rotation 13 months later, making five starts with a 4.50 ERA and 23/4 K/BB ratio in 30 innings before being shut down again.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)