Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy, who was shut down two weeks ago after coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, underwent another elbow surgery today.
However, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com it was an arthroscopic surgery that “cleaned some debris” and Beachy is expected to be ready for spring training.
Beachy was leading the National League in ERA last season when was he shut down in June. He had surgery on June 21 and then rejoined the Braves’ rotation 13 months later, making five starts with a 4.50 ERA and 23/4 K/BB ratio in 30 innings before being shut down again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)