Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Brandon Beachy, who was shut down two weeks ago after coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, underwent another elbow surgery today.
However, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com it was an arthroscopic surgery that “cleaned some debris” and Beachy is expected to be ready for spring training.
Beachy was leading the National League in ERA last season when was he shut down in June. He had surgery on June 21 and then rejoined the Braves’ rotation 13 months later, making five starts with a 4.50 ERA and 23/4 K/BB ratio in 30 innings before being shut down again.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)