Sep 26, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Dale Sveum is expected to find out Monday whether he’ll return for another season as Cubs manager, according to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com.
Sveum is under contract for 2014, but Cubs president Theo Epstein declined to say that he’d be back and Sveum himself has expressed some doubt during the past week or so because of that uncertainty.
Muskat reports that Sveum and his entire coaching staff will meet Monday with Epstein, and as Sveum said yesterday: “I’m not going to sit here and lie and say you’re not wondering what’s going to happen.”
Sveum has a 127-194 (.396) record in two seasons as Cubs manager, including 66-93 this year, but Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer have repeatedly said that his record won’t be the determining factor.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)