Sep 26, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news. The Mets say Wright left for precautionary reasons while Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a team source that the third baseman has passed his concussion tests.
Wright appeared to take the ball off the back of his helmet as he attempted to crouch out of the way of the pitch. He walked off the field under his own power, but the Mets will surely send him for concussion tests just to be on the safe side. His season will be over if he displays any symptoms.
Wright previously suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a Matt Cain fastball during the 2009 season. He ended up missing two weeks.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)