Sep 26, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news. The Mets say Wright left for precautionary reasons while Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a team source that the third baseman has passed his concussion tests.
Wright appeared to take the ball off the back of his helmet as he attempted to crouch out of the way of the pitch. He walked off the field under his own power, but the Mets will surely send him for concussion tests just to be on the safe side. His season will be over if he displays any symptoms.
Wright previously suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a Matt Cain fastball during the 2009 season. He ended up missing two weeks.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)