Sep 26, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news. The Mets say Wright left for precautionary reasons while Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a team source that the third baseman has passed his concussion tests.
Wright appeared to take the ball off the back of his helmet as he attempted to crouch out of the way of the pitch. He walked off the field under his own power, but the Mets will surely send him for concussion tests just to be on the safe side. His season will be over if he displays any symptoms.
Wright previously suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a Matt Cain fastball during the 2009 season. He ended up missing two weeks.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)