Sep 26, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
UPDATE: Good news. The Mets say Wright left for precautionary reasons while Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a team source that the third baseman has passed his concussion tests.
Wright appeared to take the ball off the back of his helmet as he attempted to crouch out of the way of the pitch. He walked off the field under his own power, but the Mets will surely send him for concussion tests just to be on the safe side. His season will be over if he displays any symptoms.
Wright previously suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a Matt Cain fastball during the 2009 season. He ended up missing two weeks.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)