Sep 26, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news. The Mets say Wright left for precautionary reasons while Adam Rubin of ESPN New York was told by a team source that the third baseman has passed his concussion tests.
Wright appeared to take the ball off the back of his helmet as he attempted to crouch out of the way of the pitch. He walked off the field under his own power, but the Mets will surely send him for concussion tests just to be on the safe side. His season will be over if he displays any symptoms.
Wright previously suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a Matt Cain fastball during the 2009 season. He ended up missing two weeks.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 41
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (85)