Sep 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Miami isn’t even waiting until the end of the season to make a big splash in free agency!
Dobbs made $1.5 million this season and has logged 266 plate appearances in 112 games as a pinch-hitter and first baseman, hitting .229 with a .605 OPS. His highest OPS in the past five seasons is .701 and Dobbs is 34 years old, so he must be … I dunno, a helluva guy in the clubhouse or something.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 18
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)