Sep 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Miami isn’t even waiting until the end of the season to make a big splash in free agency!
Dobbs made $1.5 million this season and has logged 266 plate appearances in 112 games as a pinch-hitter and first baseman, hitting .229 with a .605 OPS. His highest OPS in the past five seasons is .701 and Dobbs is 34 years old, so he must be … I dunno, a helluva guy in the clubhouse or something.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 146
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)