Sep 26, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Jesse Crain was activated from the disabled list this week after missing three months with a shoulder strain, but he has yet to appear in a game. And it’s now possible that he’ll never throw a pitch for the Rays.
Rays manager Joe Maddon told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that Crain didn’t feel right throwing Tuesday after he warmed up during Monday’s game. As a result, his availability for the rest of the season and the playoffs is in question.
Crain had a dominant 0.74 ERA and 46/11 K/BB ratio over 36 2/3 innings with the White Sox prior to landing on the disabled list. The Rays acquired the veteran reliever at the trade deadline in hopes that he would be able to contribute down the stretch, but progress has been hard to come by.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)