Sep 26, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
A man was stabbed to death when a fight broke out between rival fans just after a San Francisco Giants baseball game near San Francisco’s AT&T Park late Wednesday night.
It started with words between rival fans after the game. No information yet on whose fans started it and who the victim was a fan of, but that hardly matters.
It’s baseball, people. It’s just a sport. How on earth it can lead to this sort of thing is utterly beyond me.
(thanks to Halladay’s Biceps for the heads up)
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)