Sep 26, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Bourn suffered the injury on a slide into second base on Tuesday. X-rays came back negative and it’s not believed to be serious, but Hoynes writes that the speedy center fielder will be limited to pinch-running duties tonight. The Indians will try to push him tomorrow to see if he’s ready to return to the lineup.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $48 million deal with Cleveland during the winter, is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians will open play tonight one game ahead of the Rangers for the second Wild Card in the American League.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)