Sep 26, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Bourn suffered the injury on a slide into second base on Tuesday. X-rays came back negative and it’s not believed to be serious, but Hoynes writes that the speedy center fielder will be limited to pinch-running duties tonight. The Indians will try to push him tomorrow to see if he’s ready to return to the lineup.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $48 million deal with Cleveland during the winter, is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians will open play tonight one game ahead of the Rangers for the second Wild Card in the American League.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)