Sep 26, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
Bourn suffered the injury on a slide into second base on Tuesday. X-rays came back negative and it’s not believed to be serious, but Hoynes writes that the speedy center fielder will be limited to pinch-running duties tonight. The Indians will try to push him tomorrow to see if he’s ready to return to the lineup.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $48 million deal with Cleveland during the winter, is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians will open play tonight one game ahead of the Rangers for the second Wild Card in the American League.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)