Sep 27, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
MLB just sent out a press release revealing how things would play out if there’s a three-way tie for the two Wild Card spots.
Some of the details for how things were determined are pretty mind-numbing, but ultimately it boils down to this: Tampa Bay would play at Cleveland on Monday, with the winner claiming one of the Wild Card spots. And then on Tuesday the loser of Monday’s game would play at Texas for the second Wild Card spot.
And if there’s a two-way tie for the second Wild Card spot–how boring, I know!–that game would be played Monday, to be hosted by the team that won the season series. That means Tampa Bay would host Cleveland, Texas would host Tampa Bay, and Cleveland would host Texas.
Got all that? Me neither.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)