Sep 27, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
MLB just sent out a press release revealing how things would play out if there’s a three-way tie for the two Wild Card spots.
Some of the details for how things were determined are pretty mind-numbing, but ultimately it boils down to this: Tampa Bay would play at Cleveland on Monday, with the winner claiming one of the Wild Card spots. And then on Tuesday the loser of Monday’s game would play at Texas for the second Wild Card spot.
And if there’s a two-way tie for the second Wild Card spot–how boring, I know!–that game would be played Monday, to be hosted by the team that won the season series. That means Tampa Bay would host Cleveland, Texas would host Tampa Bay, and Cleveland would host Texas.
Got all that? Me neither.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)