Sep 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last offseason, he started a natural-juice diet–or “lifestyle change,” as he calls it–and entered at an estimated 227 pounds, roughly 20 pounds lighter than normal. For next year, he’s scrapping that. His goal is to enter at his traditional 245 pounds again.
“I’m going to try to put some weight on, but do it the right way–by doing a lot of the things I’m doing now, but adding more calories, things like that,” Hamilton said. “Because this year, I haven’t been weaker than I have–I’m just as strong in the weight room as I’ve ever been–but I think there’s something to say about having a little extra butt on you.”
“There’s something to say about having a little extra butt on you” is a pretty good motto, just for life in general. And oddly enough, on my podcast this week we spent a solid 15 minutes discussing the all-time best butts in Twins history.
Incidentally, while his overall numbers are awful and the Angels are no doubt regretting his $125 million contract in a huge way, Hamilton has hit .329 with five homers and a .916 OPS in his last 40 games.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)