Sep 27, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Yankees announcer Michael Kay was on the Dan Patrick Show today and they raised an interesting question: Whose career would you rather have: Derek Jeter‘s or Mariano Rivera‘s? Secondly: would either make it to the Yankees’ Mt. Rushmore as one of the team’s top four players ever?
Personally, I’d rather have Jeter’s simply because I’d rather be an everyday player. Plus Rivera is happily married which is wonderful for him. But if I’m making wishes about crazy things like being a ballplayer, I’m gonna wish for other stuff I can’t have too, such as any of the women Derek Jeter has been with.
As for Rushmore: I think Jeter should be there, not because he’s necessarily among the four “best” Yankees players, but because he represents and era and I feel like those Rushmore conversations should encompass that. Give me Babe, DiMaggio, Mantle and Jeter.
Check it out:
Dec 18, 2014, 6:41 PM EST
Is this the beginning of the end for the Tampa Bay Rays?
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in late April.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Does Ichiro really have one more year left in him?
Dec 18, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Veteran catching depth.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Giavotella is a career .315 hitter with an .835 OPS and as many walks as strikeouts in nearly 2,000 plate appearances at Triple-A.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
He’s probably not the one who knocks. Indeed, this crew seemed so amateurish he probably called first to make sure it was a good time for everyone.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
It started with an argument over candy.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:34 PM EST
Between Cuba and North Korea, it’s been a big couple of days for communism. Let’s see what communists thought about baseball once upon a time.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
Medlen missed all of this year recovering from his second Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
What a difference a day makes.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Rollins is not tied to Kemp, at least not entirely.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
Baseball card collecting in the post-bicycle spokes, pre-crash world of the 1980s.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
And the Padres “continue to consult medical experts.”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
Let’s pump the brakes a bit on the imminent MLB takeover of Cuba.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Quotes from manager Buck Showalter.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
The city council will vote on the deal allowing the team to look for a new stadium site.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Okajima, who pitched six years in the majors for the Red Sox and briefly the A’s, has signed with the Yokohama Bay Stars.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
He profiled as a back-of-the-rotation starter in the United States.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:41 AM EST
It won’t be a free agent free-for-all and it likely won’t be a draft. So how will the Cuban baseball players come to the United States?
Dec 18, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Sadly, it is not Rudy Law. Though it is one of his teammates.
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 7
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)