Sep 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Yankees manager Joe Girardi indicated earlier this week that Mariano Rivera could finally get his wish and play some center field this weekend in Houston, but it sounds like it’s not going to happen. In fact, it’s increasingly likely that Thursday’s epic send-off at Yankee Stadium was his final appearance in an MLB game.
It would be a little odd if our final memory of Rivera was him climbing Tal’s Hill in center field at Minute Maid Ballpark, so this makes sense. It’s impossible to top what we saw on Thursday.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)