Sep 28, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Good news for the Indians as they attempt to secure a Wild Card spot this weekend.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that Michael Bourn is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Twins. The speedy center fielder hasn’t played since he sprained his left wrist on a slide into second base during Tuesday’s game. The hot-hitting Michael Brantley has batted leadoff during Bourn’s absence, but he’ll slide back to the No. 5 spot today.
Bourn is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians open play today tied with the Rays for the top Wild Card spot while the Rangers are just one game back.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)