Sep 28, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Good news for the Indians as they attempt to secure a Wild Card spot this weekend.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that Michael Bourn is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Twins. The speedy center fielder hasn’t played since he sprained his left wrist on a slide into second base during Tuesday’s game. The hot-hitting Michael Brantley has batted leadoff during Bourn’s absence, but he’ll slide back to the No. 5 spot today.
Bourn is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians open play today tied with the Rays for the top Wild Card spot while the Rangers are just one game back.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 104
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (104)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)