Sep 28, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Good news for the Indians as they attempt to secure a Wild Card spot this weekend.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that Michael Bourn is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Twins. The speedy center fielder hasn’t played since he sprained his left wrist on a slide into second base during Tuesday’s game. The hot-hitting Michael Brantley has batted leadoff during Bourn’s absence, but he’ll slide back to the No. 5 spot today.
Bourn is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians open play today tied with the Rays for the top Wild Card spot while the Rangers are just one game back.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)