Sep 28, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Good news for the Indians as they attempt to secure a Wild Card spot this weekend.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that Michael Bourn is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Twins. The speedy center fielder hasn’t played since he sprained his left wrist on a slide into second base during Tuesday’s game. The hot-hitting Michael Brantley has batted leadoff during Bourn’s absence, but he’ll slide back to the No. 5 spot today.
Bourn is batting .260/.314/.355 with six home runs, 48 RBI, and 23 stolen bases over 128 games this season. The Indians open play today tied with the Rays for the top Wild Card spot while the Rangers are just one game back.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)