Sep 29, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
From Joe Frisaro, the Marlins beat writer for MLB.com:
The Marlins on Sunday announced a new structure for their front office, naming Michael Hill president of baseball operations and Dan Jennings general manager.
Jennings has been with the club for 12 seasons, as the organization’s vice president of player development and assistant GM.
“I have tremendous respect for his baseball mind and know he’ll make a great addition to Michael’s team,” owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement.
Larry Beinfest was fired from his post as president of baseball ops Friday after over 10 years of service. David Samson, the Marlins’ current club president who also happens to be Loria’s son-in-law, appears safe for now.
This was the most humorous thing to come out of Sunday’s press conference at Marlins Park:
Dan Jennings: “(Jeffrey Loria) has done a tremendous job” and should be involved in personnel decisions. #Marlins
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) September 29, 2013
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)