Sep 29, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
From Joe Frisaro, the Marlins beat writer for MLB.com:
The Marlins on Sunday announced a new structure for their front office, naming Michael Hill president of baseball operations and Dan Jennings general manager.
Jennings has been with the club for 12 seasons, as the organization’s vice president of player development and assistant GM.
“I have tremendous respect for his baseball mind and know he’ll make a great addition to Michael’s team,” owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement.
Larry Beinfest was fired from his post as president of baseball ops Friday after over 10 years of service. David Samson, the Marlins’ current club president who also happens to be Loria’s son-in-law, appears safe for now.
This was the most humorous thing to come out of Sunday’s press conference at Marlins Park:
Dan Jennings: “(Jeffrey Loria) has done a tremendous job” and should be involved in personnel decisions. #Marlins
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) September 29, 2013
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)