Sep 29, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
From Joe Frisaro, the Marlins beat writer for MLB.com:
The Marlins on Sunday announced a new structure for their front office, naming Michael Hill president of baseball operations and Dan Jennings general manager.
Jennings has been with the club for 12 seasons, as the organization’s vice president of player development and assistant GM.
“I have tremendous respect for his baseball mind and know he’ll make a great addition to Michael’s team,” owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement.
Larry Beinfest was fired from his post as president of baseball ops Friday after over 10 years of service. David Samson, the Marlins’ current club president who also happens to be Loria’s son-in-law, appears safe for now.
This was the most humorous thing to come out of Sunday’s press conference at Marlins Park:
Dan Jennings: “(Jeffrey Loria) has done a tremendous job” and should be involved in personnel decisions. #Marlins
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) September 29, 2013
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)