Sep 29, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
From Joe Frisaro, the Marlins beat writer for MLB.com:
The Marlins on Sunday announced a new structure for their front office, naming Michael Hill president of baseball operations and Dan Jennings general manager.
Jennings has been with the club for 12 seasons, as the organization’s vice president of player development and assistant GM.
“I have tremendous respect for his baseball mind and know he’ll make a great addition to Michael’s team,” owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement.
Larry Beinfest was fired from his post as president of baseball ops Friday after over 10 years of service. David Samson, the Marlins’ current club president who also happens to be Loria’s son-in-law, appears safe for now.
This was the most humorous thing to come out of Sunday’s press conference at Marlins Park:
Dan Jennings: “(Jeffrey Loria) has done a tremendous job” and should be involved in personnel decisions. #Marlins
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) September 29, 2013
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 95
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)