Sep 29, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
The 2013 season keeps on getting worse for Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp. Having already missed time this season due to a strained right hamstring, inflammation of the AC joint in his right hsoulder, and a sprained left ankle, Kemp has now been ruled out of the playoffs, per Dylan Hernandez.
Kemp ends the season with a career-worst .723 OPS in 290 plate appearances. He is through the second year of an eight-year, $160 million contract. The Dodgers still owe him $128 million. With a logjam in the outfield — including Carl Crawford, Yasiel Puig, and Andre Ethier — the Dodgers will have to decide who stays and who goes during the off-season. It is quite possible that the Dodgers explore a trade involving Kemp, though they would certainly be selling low.
The Dodgers will go on the road to face the Braves in the first two games of the National League Division Series, which starts on Thursday.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)