Sep 30, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
The Rays added a run in the top of the sixth inning with an RBI double by David DeJesus, but the Rangers fought right back in the bottom-half of the frame.
After Elvis Andrus reached on a one-out single and stole second base, Alex Rios delivered a double off the left field wall to cut the Rays’ lead to 4-2. It was just a few feet away from being a two-run homer. You can watch the video below.
The Rangers had a chance for more, but David Price was able to escape by getting Adrian Beltre and A.J. Pierzynski on grounds outs to end the inning. The southpaw is at 86 pitches through six innings while the Rangers are into their bullpen.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)