Sep 30, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
The Rays added a run in the top of the sixth inning with an RBI double by David DeJesus, but the Rangers fought right back in the bottom-half of the frame.
After Elvis Andrus reached on a one-out single and stole second base, Alex Rios delivered a double off the left field wall to cut the Rays’ lead to 4-2. It was just a few feet away from being a two-run homer. You can watch the video below.
The Rangers had a chance for more, but David Price was able to escape by getting Adrian Beltre and A.J. Pierzynski on grounds outs to end the inning. The southpaw is at 86 pitches through six innings while the Rangers are into their bullpen.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)