Sep 30, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
The Rays added a run in the top of the sixth inning with an RBI double by David DeJesus, but the Rangers fought right back in the bottom-half of the frame.
After Elvis Andrus reached on a one-out single and stole second base, Alex Rios delivered a double off the left field wall to cut the Rays’ lead to 4-2. It was just a few feet away from being a two-run homer. You can watch the video below.
The Rangers had a chance for more, but David Price was able to escape by getting Adrian Beltre and A.J. Pierzynski on grounds outs to end the inning. The southpaw is at 86 pitches through six innings while the Rangers are into their bullpen.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)