Sep 30, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
The Rays added a run in the top of the sixth inning with an RBI double by David DeJesus, but the Rangers fought right back in the bottom-half of the frame.
After Elvis Andrus reached on a one-out single and stole second base, Alex Rios delivered a double off the left field wall to cut the Rays’ lead to 4-2. It was just a few feet away from being a two-run homer. You can watch the video below.
The Rangers had a chance for more, but David Price was able to escape by getting Adrian Beltre and A.J. Pierzynski on grounds outs to end the inning. The southpaw is at 86 pitches through six innings while the Rangers are into their bullpen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)