Sep 30, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
Wouldn’t it be just Pittsburgh’s luck if likely NL MVP Andrew McCutchen got knocked out of the wild card game by a batting-practice accident?
Fortunately, it looks like he’ll avoid that fate, though he was hit in the head while shagging flyballs on Monday. McCutchen said he was distracted by a teammate when a ball off the bat of Jorge Mercer clipped him around his right ear.
McCutchen walked off the field on his own and deemed himself fine to play Tuesday. He added that he was “no snitch” when asked which player distracted him.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)