Sep 30, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
Wouldn’t it be just Pittsburgh’s luck if likely NL MVP Andrew McCutchen got knocked out of the wild card game by a batting-practice accident?
Fortunately, it looks like he’ll avoid that fate, though he was hit in the head while shagging flyballs on Monday. McCutchen said he was distracted by a teammate when a ball off the bat of Jorge Mercer clipped him around his right ear.
McCutchen walked off the field on his own and deemed himself fine to play Tuesday. He added that he was “no snitch” when asked which player distracted him.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)