Sep 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
Are we sure that expanded instant replay has to wait until 2014?
The Rangers were the beneficiary of a blown call in the top of the seventh inning, as a fly ball off the bat of Delmon Young was ruled as an inning-ending catch while Leonys Martin clearly trapped the ball on the dive. It would have resulted in the Rays taking a 5-2 lead, but instead the score remains 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh inning.
The most amazing part is that due to the importance of tonight’s game, MLB had six umpires on duty as opposed the standard four for a regular season game. Just brutal.
You can watch the video of the blown call below.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 47
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)