Sep 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
Are we sure that expanded instant replay has to wait until 2014?
The Rangers were the beneficiary of a blown call in the top of the seventh inning, as a fly ball off the bat of Delmon Young was ruled as an inning-ending catch while Leonys Martin clearly trapped the ball on the dive. It would have resulted in the Rays taking a 5-2 lead, but instead the score remains 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh inning.
The most amazing part is that due to the importance of tonight’s game, MLB had six umpires on duty as opposed the standard four for a regular season game. Just brutal.
You can watch the video of the blown call below.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)