Sep 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
Are we sure that expanded instant replay has to wait until 2014?
The Rangers were the beneficiary of a blown call in the top of the seventh inning, as a fly ball off the bat of Delmon Young was ruled as an inning-ending catch while Leonys Martin clearly trapped the ball on the dive. It would have resulted in the Rays taking a 5-2 lead, but instead the score remains 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh inning.
The most amazing part is that due to the importance of tonight’s game, MLB had six umpires on duty as opposed the standard four for a regular season game. Just brutal.
You can watch the video of the blown call below.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (119)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)