Sep 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
Are we sure that expanded instant replay has to wait until 2014?
The Rangers were the beneficiary of a blown call in the top of the seventh inning, as a fly ball off the bat of Delmon Young was ruled as an inning-ending catch while Leonys Martin clearly trapped the ball on the dive. It would have resulted in the Rays taking a 5-2 lead, but instead the score remains 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh inning.
The most amazing part is that due to the importance of tonight’s game, MLB had six umpires on duty as opposed the standard four for a regular season game. Just brutal.
You can watch the video of the blown call below.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)