Sep 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
Are we sure that expanded instant replay has to wait until 2014?
The Rangers were the beneficiary of a blown call in the top of the seventh inning, as a fly ball off the bat of Delmon Young was ruled as an inning-ending catch while Leonys Martin clearly trapped the ball on the dive. It would have resulted in the Rays taking a 5-2 lead, but instead the score remains 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh inning.
The most amazing part is that due to the importance of tonight’s game, MLB had six umpires on duty as opposed the standard four for a regular season game. Just brutal.
You can watch the video of the blown call below.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)