Sep 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Yesterday the Marlins had an announced attendance of 28,315 for Henderson Alvarez‘s wild walk-off no-hitter against the Tigers and today they sent out a press releasing announcing all the unused tickets will be for sale:
The Marlins are offering fans who were unable to attend the game the opportunity to purchase the remaining unsold tickets from yesterday’s game. The tickets can be bought at marlins.com/alvareznono and the Marlins Team Store located at Marlins Park. Tickets went on sale today and will be available until Sunday, October 6th at midnight. The 9,100 remaining tickets are being sold starting at $15 with the majority of tickets available at the Vista Level.
It should be noted that other teams have sold unused tickets for no-hitters and other historic events, but for some reason it seems funnier when the Marlins do it.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)