Sep 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Yesterday the Marlins had an announced attendance of 28,315 for Henderson Alvarez‘s wild walk-off no-hitter against the Tigers and today they sent out a press releasing announcing all the unused tickets will be for sale:
The Marlins are offering fans who were unable to attend the game the opportunity to purchase the remaining unsold tickets from yesterday’s game. The tickets can be bought at marlins.com/alvareznono and the Marlins Team Store located at Marlins Park. Tickets went on sale today and will be available until Sunday, October 6th at midnight. The 9,100 remaining tickets are being sold starting at $15 with the majority of tickets available at the Vista Level.
It should be noted that other teams have sold unused tickets for no-hitters and other historic events, but for some reason it seems funnier when the Marlins do it.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24