Sep 30, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The Rays extended their lead to 3-0 lead on the strength of a two-run homer by Evan Longoria in the top of the third inning, but Rangers are beginning to chip away.
Craig Gentry led off the bottom of the third inning with a single and moved over to second base on a ground out from Leonys Martin. Ian Kinsler then followed with a bloop single to no man’s land in shallow right-center field to score Gentry and bring the score to 3-1. Check out the video below:
The Rangers had a chance to do some more damage, but David Price picked off Kinsler to end the inning while Alex Rios was at the plate. Price has already picked off two baserunners tonight. Giving away outs in an elimination game is not a recipe for success.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)