Sep 30, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The Rays extended their lead to 3-0 lead on the strength of a two-run homer by Evan Longoria in the top of the third inning, but Rangers are beginning to chip away.
Craig Gentry led off the bottom of the third inning with a single and moved over to second base on a ground out from Leonys Martin. Ian Kinsler then followed with a bloop single to no man’s land in shallow right-center field to score Gentry and bring the score to 3-1. Check out the video below:
The Rangers had a chance to do some more damage, but David Price picked off Kinsler to end the inning while Alex Rios was at the plate. Price has already picked off two baserunners tonight. Giving away outs in an elimination game is not a recipe for success.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39