Sep 30, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The Rays extended their lead to 3-0 lead on the strength of a two-run homer by Evan Longoria in the top of the third inning, but Rangers are beginning to chip away.
Craig Gentry led off the bottom of the third inning with a single and moved over to second base on a ground out from Leonys Martin. Ian Kinsler then followed with a bloop single to no man’s land in shallow right-center field to score Gentry and bring the score to 3-1. Check out the video below:
The Rangers had a chance to do some more damage, but David Price picked off Kinsler to end the inning while Alex Rios was at the plate. Price has already picked off two baserunners tonight. Giving away outs in an elimination game is not a recipe for success.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)