Sep 30, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The Rays extended their lead to 3-0 lead on the strength of a two-run homer by Evan Longoria in the top of the third inning, but Rangers are beginning to chip away.
Craig Gentry led off the bottom of the third inning with a single and moved over to second base on a ground out from Leonys Martin. Ian Kinsler then followed with a bloop single to no man’s land in shallow right-center field to score Gentry and bring the score to 3-1. Check out the video below:
The Rangers had a chance to do some more damage, but David Price picked off Kinsler to end the inning while Alex Rios was at the plate. Price has already picked off two baserunners tonight. Giving away outs in an elimination game is not a recipe for success.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)