Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Last week I mused on who, if my Braves are eliminated, I’d root for in the playoffs. That was kinda wordy and subjective, though. Today Emma Span of Sports on Earth has a much more user-friendly option: a flowchart to help you determine your playoff rooting interest.
Not gonna lie: most of its choice criteria is how I think about these teams. Whether a team is from the rust belt is not too important for me, but it may be for you! And of course there’s a nice branch-off involving unwritten rule enforcement, both moderate (St. Louis) and militant (Atlanta).
Using her chart, I pretty much settle on the A’s and Dodgers. Which, if it has to be a non-Braves series, OK, I can deal with that. If for no other reason than I like to see World Series games at least begin in daylight. And I like to hear people in California complain about getting home from work in time to see the games start.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)