Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Last week I mused on who, if my Braves are eliminated, I’d root for in the playoffs. That was kinda wordy and subjective, though. Today Emma Span of Sports on Earth has a much more user-friendly option: a flowchart to help you determine your playoff rooting interest.
Not gonna lie: most of its choice criteria is how I think about these teams. Whether a team is from the rust belt is not too important for me, but it may be for you! And of course there’s a nice branch-off involving unwritten rule enforcement, both moderate (St. Louis) and militant (Atlanta).
Using her chart, I pretty much settle on the A’s and Dodgers. Which, if it has to be a non-Braves series, OK, I can deal with that. If for no other reason than I like to see World Series games at least begin in daylight. And I like to hear people in California complain about getting home from work in time to see the games start.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)