Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Last week I mused on who, if my Braves are eliminated, I’d root for in the playoffs. That was kinda wordy and subjective, though. Today Emma Span of Sports on Earth has a much more user-friendly option: a flowchart to help you determine your playoff rooting interest.
Not gonna lie: most of its choice criteria is how I think about these teams. Whether a team is from the rust belt is not too important for me, but it may be for you! And of course there’s a nice branch-off involving unwritten rule enforcement, both moderate (St. Louis) and militant (Atlanta).
Using her chart, I pretty much settle on the A’s and Dodgers. Which, if it has to be a non-Braves series, OK, I can deal with that. If for no other reason than I like to see World Series games at least begin in daylight. And I like to hear people in California complain about getting home from work in time to see the games start.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)