Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Last week I mused on who, if my Braves are eliminated, I’d root for in the playoffs. That was kinda wordy and subjective, though. Today Emma Span of Sports on Earth has a much more user-friendly option: a flowchart to help you determine your playoff rooting interest.
Not gonna lie: most of its choice criteria is how I think about these teams. Whether a team is from the rust belt is not too important for me, but it may be for you! And of course there’s a nice branch-off involving unwritten rule enforcement, both moderate (St. Louis) and militant (Atlanta).
Using her chart, I pretty much settle on the A’s and Dodgers. Which, if it has to be a non-Braves series, OK, I can deal with that. If for no other reason than I like to see World Series games at least begin in daylight. And I like to hear people in California complain about getting home from work in time to see the games start.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 153
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (163)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)