Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Given the 20+ years of pent up playoff tension and and a matchup of two comparably-talented division rivals, tonight’s Reds-Pirates wild card game was already bound to be an exciting one. It just got more exciting:
Billy Hamilton is on the Wild Card roster.
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) October 1, 2013
You never know what’s gonna happen, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask the Baseball Gods to make this game come down to a Hamilton pinch running appearance, followed by a stolen base followed by a single to center and a play at the plate with Andrew McCutchen trying to gun down Hamilton.
Don’t even care how it ends. Just want to see that. Please?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 18
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 50
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)