Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Given the 20+ years of pent up playoff tension and and a matchup of two comparably-talented division rivals, tonight’s Reds-Pirates wild card game was already bound to be an exciting one. It just got more exciting:
Billy Hamilton is on the Wild Card roster.
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) October 1, 2013
You never know what’s gonna happen, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask the Baseball Gods to make this game come down to a Hamilton pinch running appearance, followed by a stolen base followed by a single to center and a play at the plate with Andrew McCutchen trying to gun down Hamilton.
Don’t even care how it ends. Just want to see that. Please?
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 52
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)