Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Given the 20+ years of pent up playoff tension and and a matchup of two comparably-talented division rivals, tonight’s Reds-Pirates wild card game was already bound to be an exciting one. It just got more exciting:
Billy Hamilton is on the Wild Card roster.
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) October 1, 2013
You never know what’s gonna happen, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask the Baseball Gods to make this game come down to a Hamilton pinch running appearance, followed by a stolen base followed by a single to center and a play at the plate with Andrew McCutchen trying to gun down Hamilton.
Don’t even care how it ends. Just want to see that. Please?
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 26
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)