Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Given the 20+ years of pent up playoff tension and and a matchup of two comparably-talented division rivals, tonight’s Reds-Pirates wild card game was already bound to be an exciting one. It just got more exciting:
Billy Hamilton is on the Wild Card roster.
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) October 1, 2013
You never know what’s gonna happen, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask the Baseball Gods to make this game come down to a Hamilton pinch running appearance, followed by a stolen base followed by a single to center and a play at the plate with Andrew McCutchen trying to gun down Hamilton.
Don’t even care how it ends. Just want to see that. Please?
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)