Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Given the 20+ years of pent up playoff tension and and a matchup of two comparably-talented division rivals, tonight’s Reds-Pirates wild card game was already bound to be an exciting one. It just got more exciting:
Billy Hamilton is on the Wild Card roster.
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) October 1, 2013
You never know what’s gonna happen, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask the Baseball Gods to make this game come down to a Hamilton pinch running appearance, followed by a stolen base followed by a single to center and a play at the plate with Andrew McCutchen trying to gun down Hamilton.
Don’t even care how it ends. Just want to see that. Please?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)