Oct 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
However, the Reds second baseman felt much better Monday and is expected to be in the lineup for tonight’s Wild Card playoff game against the Pirates.
Or as manager Dusty Baker put it:
I expect Brandon to be in there. I saw him yesterday. I told him, “he wasn’t limping, he was pimping” … not literally.
Between that quote and all the brawl-starting home run celebrations it’s really been a banner season for the word “pimping” being used in a baseball context. Congrats to everyone involved.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 22
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)