Oct 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
However, the Reds second baseman felt much better Monday and is expected to be in the lineup for tonight’s Wild Card playoff game against the Pirates.
Or as manager Dusty Baker put it:
I expect Brandon to be in there. I saw him yesterday. I told him, “he wasn’t limping, he was pimping” … not literally.
Between that quote and all the brawl-starting home run celebrations it’s really been a banner season for the word “pimping” being used in a baseball context. Congrats to everyone involved.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)