Oct 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
However, the Reds second baseman felt much better Monday and is expected to be in the lineup for tonight’s Wild Card playoff game against the Pirates.
Or as manager Dusty Baker put it:
I expect Brandon to be in there. I saw him yesterday. I told him, “he wasn’t limping, he was pimping” … not literally.
Between that quote and all the brawl-starting home run celebrations it’s really been a banner season for the word “pimping” being used in a baseball context. Congrats to everyone involved.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)