Oct 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
However, the Reds second baseman felt much better Monday and is expected to be in the lineup for tonight’s Wild Card playoff game against the Pirates.
Or as manager Dusty Baker put it:
I expect Brandon to be in there. I saw him yesterday. I told him, “he wasn’t limping, he was pimping” … not literally.
Between that quote and all the brawl-starting home run celebrations it’s really been a banner season for the word “pimping” being used in a baseball context. Congrats to everyone involved.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)