Oct 1, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn was pulled from the club’s regular-season finale with tightness in his left calf and missed chunks of September with a right wrist sprain. But neither of those injuries should keep him from participating in October baseball.
According to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian, Bourn did agility work and ran the bases Tuesday in a team workout at Progressive Field and gave a fist pound to GM Chris Antonetti right after. Bourn expects to play the outfield and lead off in Wednesday evening’s American League Wild Card Game with the Rays.
Bourn, 30, batted .263/.316/.360 with 23 stolen bases and 75 runs scored in 130 games this season for the 92-70 Tribe. He signed a four-year, $48 million free agent contract with Cleveland in early February.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 26
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)