Oct 1, 2013, 6:57 PM EST
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn was pulled from the club’s regular-season finale with tightness in his left calf and missed chunks of September with a right wrist sprain. But neither of those injuries should keep him from participating in October baseball.
According to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian, Bourn did agility work and ran the bases Tuesday in a team workout at Progressive Field and gave a fist pound to GM Chris Antonetti right after. Bourn expects to play the outfield and lead off in Wednesday evening’s American League Wild Card Game with the Rays.
Bourn, 30, batted .263/.316/.360 with 23 stolen bases and 75 runs scored in 130 games this season for the 92-70 Tribe. He signed a four-year, $48 million free agent contract with Cleveland in early February.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)