Oct 1, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn was pulled from the club’s regular-season finale with tightness in his left calf and missed chunks of September with a right wrist sprain. But neither of those injuries should keep him from participating in October baseball.
According to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian, Bourn did agility work and ran the bases Tuesday in a team workout at Progressive Field and gave a fist pound to GM Chris Antonetti right after. Bourn expects to play the outfield and lead off in Wednesday evening’s American League Wild Card Game with the Rays.
Bourn, 30, batted .263/.316/.360 with 23 stolen bases and 75 runs scored in 130 games this season for the 92-70 Tribe. He signed a four-year, $48 million free agent contract with Cleveland in early February.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:27 AM EDT
Baseball people are saying that it’s one thing to go after a vacant job. It’s another thing altogether, however, to pursue a job someone — namely Rick Renteria — currently occupies.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Giants second baseman Joe Panik started a key double play in Game 7. Here’s a deeper look at how it went down.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced this evening that they have exercised club options on right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander Matt Reynolds for 2015.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The early television ratings for this year’s World Series were pretty low, but the Giants and Royals ended up going the distance and we witnessed a very compelling Game 7 last night. It turns out that a lot of folks tuned in to see what the fuss was all about.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Haren’s option vested when he reached the 180-inning mark in September, but he had the ability to decline it and test free agency. However, he has decided to stick around.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Gallardo posted an ERA above 4.00 last season for the first time in his career, but bounced back to throw 192 innings with a 3.51 ERA this year at age 28.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Street saved a career-high 41 games this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The A’s opted to stay internal in replacing Chili Davis.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
After a disappointing first season in Washington he bounced back to hit .302 with 31 steals and a .771 OPS, leading the league with 184 hits.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The Greek God of Walks retires to Olympus. Or maybe Ohio.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
He’ll play for the minimum salary at age 36.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
40-man roster housecleaning, mostly.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Minnie Minoso, Tony Oliva and Ken Boyer are among those back on the 2014 ballot.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
New York has not hired a replacement for fired hitting coach Kevin Long yet and they also have an opening at first base coach after letting Mick Kelleher go.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Adams threw 44 innings in two seasons for the Phillies.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)