Oct 1, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The @Royals and manager Ned Yost agree to two-year extension that runs through 2015 season.
— MLB (@MLB) October 1, 2013
Yost is not my favorite manager on the planet, but when you lead your team to the most wins it’s had in 24 years this sort of thing is going to happen. We can quibble about process until we’re blue in the face, but in baseball it’s results that matter, and Yost got results in 2013.
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 42
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 30
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 44
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)