Oct 1, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Everything continues to go right for the host Bucs.
Pirates catcher Russell Martin slugged a deep solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh inning off of the Reds’ latest relief pitcher, Logan Ondrusek, moving Pittsburgh to a 6-1 lead in this National League Wild Card Game at PNC Park.
It was Martin’s second solo shot of the evening.
Pirates starter Francisco Liriano is out after firing seven innings of one-run ball on just 90 pitches. He surrendered only four Cincinnati hits, issued only one walk and tallied five strikeouts in a performance that will be remembered in the Steel City for ages.
Cincinnati will need a late offensive charge to get back in this. To the eighth inning we go.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)