Oct 1, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Everything continues to go right for the host Bucs.
Pirates catcher Russell Martin slugged a deep solo home run to left field in the bottom of the seventh inning off of the Reds’ latest relief pitcher, Logan Ondrusek, moving Pittsburgh to a 6-1 lead in this National League Wild Card Game at PNC Park.
It was Martin’s second solo shot of the evening.
Pirates starter Francisco Liriano is out after firing seven innings of one-run ball on just 90 pitches. He surrendered only four Cincinnati hits, issued only one walk and tallied five strikeouts in a performance that will be remembered in the Steel City for ages.
Cincinnati will need a late offensive charge to get back in this. To the eighth inning we go.
- No, baseball does not to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)