Oct 1, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Hey Terry, how did the Indians finish 10-0 in September?
“We stayed away from chicken and beer. I might as well get that out of the way.”—Terry Francona on Indians 10-0 finish.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) October 1, 2013
In light of the events of 2011-12, I eagerly anticipate yet totally fear either a Red Sox-Indians matchup or a Red Sox-Dodgers matchup. If either happens, we’ll have to break out the hip-waders to get through the record-high levels of narrative swelling the rivers of baseball commentary.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 44
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)