Oct 1, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Hey Terry, how did the Indians finish 10-0 in September?
“We stayed away from chicken and beer. I might as well get that out of the way.”—Terry Francona on Indians 10-0 finish.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) October 1, 2013
In light of the events of 2011-12, I eagerly anticipate yet totally fear either a Red Sox-Indians matchup or a Red Sox-Dodgers matchup. If either happens, we’ll have to break out the hip-waders to get through the record-high levels of narrative swelling the rivers of baseball commentary.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)