Oct 1, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
Hey Terry, how did the Indians finish 10-0 in September?
“We stayed away from chicken and beer. I might as well get that out of the way.”—Terry Francona on Indians 10-0 finish.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) October 1, 2013
In light of the events of 2011-12, I eagerly anticipate yet totally fear either a Red Sox-Indians matchup or a Red Sox-Dodgers matchup. If either happens, we’ll have to break out the hip-waders to get through the record-high levels of narrative swelling the rivers of baseball commentary.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)