Oct 1, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
Hey Terry, how did the Indians finish 10-0 in September?
“We stayed away from chicken and beer. I might as well get that out of the way.”—Terry Francona on Indians 10-0 finish.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) October 1, 2013
In light of the events of 2011-12, I eagerly anticipate yet totally fear either a Red Sox-Indians matchup or a Red Sox-Dodgers matchup. If either happens, we’ll have to break out the hip-waders to get through the record-high levels of narrative swelling the rivers of baseball commentary.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)