Oct 1, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The news is promising on Athletics outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, who battled right shoulder soreness for the final two weeks of the 2013 regular season.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Cespedes felt “a little bit better” after taking batting practice in a team workout Tuesday at O.co Coliseum and expects to start ALDS Game 1 on Friday evening against the visiting Tigers.
Cespedes, 27, batted .240/.294/.442 with 26 home runs and 80 RBI in 135 games this season for the American League West champions. He was 6-for-19 (.316) with a double, two steals and two RBI in last year’s ALDS loss to Detroit.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)