Oct 1, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
The news is promising on Athletics outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, who battled right shoulder soreness for the final two weeks of the 2013 regular season.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Cespedes felt “a little bit better” after taking batting practice in a team workout Tuesday at O.co Coliseum and expects to start ALDS Game 1 on Friday evening against the visiting Tigers.
Cespedes, 27, batted .240/.294/.442 with 26 home runs and 80 RBI in 135 games this season for the American League West champions. He was 6-for-19 (.316) with a double, two steals and two RBI in last year’s ALDS loss to Detroit.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 26
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 75
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)