Oct 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Houston manager Bo Porter’s job is safe following another 100-loss season, but the Astros announced multiple changes to his coaching staff.
Pitching coach Doug Brocail will leave that job and become a special assistant to general manager Jeff Luhnow and the team has fired both first base coach Dave Clark and bullpen coach Dennis Martinez.
Luhnow explained the changes by telling Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com: “Bo and I discussed how we can improve next year and came to the conclusion that bringing in a few new and different voices would help.”
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)