Oct 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Houston manager Bo Porter’s job is safe following another 100-loss season, but the Astros announced multiple changes to his coaching staff.
Pitching coach Doug Brocail will leave that job and become a special assistant to general manager Jeff Luhnow and the team has fired both first base coach Dave Clark and bullpen coach Dennis Martinez.
Luhnow explained the changes by telling Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com: “Bo and I discussed how we can improve next year and came to the conclusion that bringing in a few new and different voices would help.”
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20