Oct 2, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
The regular season may be over, but Johnny Law never sleeps:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Milwaukee Brewers Minor League right-handed pitcher Dylan Brock has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Clomiphene, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Brock, who is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Arizona League Brewers, is effective at the start of the 2014 season.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42