Oct 2, 2013, 9:01 PM EST
Indians right-hander Danny Salazar was dominant in his first two innings of this American League Wild Card Game, racking up three strikeouts against the six Tampa Bay batters that he faced. But the script was flipped in the top of the third inning when Rays designated hitter Delmon Young crushed a first-pitch solo homer to deep left at Progressive Field.
Rays right-hander Alex Cobb — a much more finesse-based starter than the hard-throwing Salazar — has surrendered two Cleveland hits but no Cleveland runs over his first three frames. So it’s a 1-0 lead for Tampa Bay as we move to the top of the fourth.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 5
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 14
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)