Oct 2, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
The Indians loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the fourth inning but couldn’t break through for a run. They had runners at first and third with no outs in the fifth inning but yet again came up empty.
Wasted chances has been the theme so far for host Cleveland in this American League Wild Card Game.
The Rays scored one run in the third inning on a Delmon Young solo shot and two runs in the fourth inning with a two-out Desmond Jennings double. Indians starter Danny Salazar was lifted in the fifth. Rays starter Alex Cobb has thrown six scoreless.
Tampa Bay leads 3-0 as the bottom of the seventh gets underway at Progressive Field.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)