Oct 2, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
The Indians loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the fourth inning but couldn’t break through for a run. They had runners at first and third with no outs in the fifth inning but yet again came up empty.
Wasted chances has been the theme so far for host Cleveland in this American League Wild Card Game.
The Rays scored one run in the third inning on a Delmon Young solo shot and two runs in the fourth inning with a two-out Desmond Jennings double. Indians starter Danny Salazar was lifted in the fifth. Rays starter Alex Cobb has thrown six scoreless.
Tampa Bay leads 3-0 as the bottom of the seventh gets underway at Progressive Field.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)