Oct 2, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
The Indians loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the fourth inning but couldn’t break through for a run. They had runners at first and third with no outs in the fifth inning but yet again came up empty.
Wasted chances has been the theme so far for host Cleveland in this American League Wild Card Game.
The Rays scored one run in the third inning on a Delmon Young solo shot and two runs in the fourth inning with a two-out Desmond Jennings double. Indians starter Danny Salazar was lifted in the fifth. Rays starter Alex Cobb has thrown six scoreless.
Tampa Bay leads 3-0 as the bottom of the seventh gets underway at Progressive Field.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (79)